Production Laboratory Technician (Fermentation)
TwistDx Ltd is looking for a Production Laboratory Technician to manufacture proteins and reagents for its production facility at the Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for large-scale protein production using large scale (100L) fermentation processes and associated laboratory tasks.
Specific responsibilities include:
• manufacturing of bulk proteins (via microbial fermentation) and reagents in accordance with approved protocols within the protein team as required
• completion of all documentation in accordance with the quality management system
• completion of in-process QC testing
• general housekeeping duties associated with all areas of the facility
• performance of routine equipment maintenance and calibration
• assisting in equipment and process validation work
• scheduling weekly work within a small team in order to successfully achieve work plans set in advance by management
• making suggestions and participating in our process improvement programme to ensure continuous improvement in quality and efficiency within the production department.
We are looking for someone with relevant laboratory experience preferably in a production environment and/or a science graduate looking to start their career in production science.
Experience working within an ISO accredited environment is advantageous but not essential.
Should you wish to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk. No agencies please. Please quote reference TWPLTFER 26092016 in your application.
Process Development Laboratory Technician
We are looking for a Process Development Laboratory Technician to carry out laboratory tests to support the vital and ongoing development of the protein purification process at TwistDx Ltd. The role is based at our Cambridge Science Park site.
The successful candidate will have proven hands-on laboratory-based experience performing protein purification using the AKTA systems and associated software packages. Practical experience in buffer preparation, buffer exchange, protein gel electrophoresis is essential.
You will be responsible for conducting experiments in protein purification as directed by the scientist leading the work in this area. You will perform the associated analysis and presentation and also have the opportunity to participate in discussions about the direction of the work. An ability to troubleshoot where necessary will be expected.
General laboratory duties including equipment maintenance and calibration, preparing of procedural documents, and conduction of work in accordance with the company quality management system, are also part of this role.
If you have a background in protein purification and wish to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk. Please quote reference TWPDLT02082016 in your application.