Laboratory Assistant (full time or part time)
We are looking for a Laboratory Assistant to provide laboratory support for personnel working within the Manufacturing department of the Company. The role is based at our Cambridge Science Park site. Please note that part-time hours will be considered.
The main duties are to:
• Assist in the preparation of reagents (buffers, media, potentially glycerol stocks and DNA)
• Clean glassware and return to appropriate departments
• Restock common laboratory chemicals and consumables to ensure optimal work flow
• Undertake stock counting
• Provide general support to Laboratory personnel during routine tasks
• Support routine calibration
• Clean and maintain core production equipment
• Ensure accurate record keeping is undertaken where necessary
•Work within the Company Quality Management System and Health and Safety Policy
• Assist in equipment and process validation work
A Scientific background either through qualifications or experience is desirable. Lab-safety training is advantageous but not essential. You will have an attention to detail, a conscientious approach and a willingness to learn. You will need to be able to work effectively with a range of people from across the Company.
Should you wish to apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk. No agencies please. Please quote reference TWLA 260515 in your application.
Quality Control Technician
TwistDx Ltd is looking for a Quality Control Technician to work at its Babraham Research Campus site to carry out, and document, quality inspections and testing and to undertake, when required, corrective action investigations. The successful candidate will also undertake responsibilities for the day-to-day running of the calibration system.
• Performing tests for RPA reaction batches, proteins and other reagents
• Analysing and interpreting results and producing subsequent reports for the Production department
• Maintaining QC documentation
• Maintaining laboratory equipment
• Developing new tests as required
We are ideally looking for someone who has experience with GLP/GMP and has experience of working in a laboratory environment adhering to Standard Operating Procedures. An understanding of ISO 13485 quality standards would be an advantage but not essential.
Should you wish to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk quoting reference QCT17042015.
Production Laboratory Technician - Production Department
TwistDx Ltd is looking for a Production Laboratory Technician to manufacture reagents and freeze dried products to meet ISO 13485 requirements. The role is based at our Cambridge Science Park Site.
You will take responsibility for assigned laboratory tasks and ensure that all documentation is completed to the required standards. The ideal candidate will have experience working within an ISO13485 production environment, preferably in medical devices manufacturing.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manufacturing and dispensing of bulk reagents and the preparation of protein solutions for freeze drying in accordance with approved protocols within the production team as required
- Completion of all records accurately in accordance with the quality system requirements
- Completion of in-process QC testing
- Assembly of final product for shipping to customers
- General housekeeping duties associated with all areas of the facility
- Performance of routine equipment maintenance and calibration
- Assisting in equipment and process validation work
- Making suggestions and participating in our process improvement programme to ensure continuous improvement in quality and efficiency within Production.
Skills and Experience
- A Life Science graduate seeking a position as a Production Laboratory Technician
- A Production Laboratory Technician with work experience gained within a GMP/ISO13485 production environment (preferably in medical diagnostics manufacturing)
- Experience in freeze drying is desirable but not essential.
Should you wish to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk. No agencies please. Please quote reference TWPLTPD 180215 in your application.
TwistDx is the provider of Recombinase Polymerase Amplification (RPA), a new isothermal DNA amplification and detection technology. RPA offers a portable alternative to PCR which is ideally suited to point of use molecular assays for IVD, Veterinary, Food Safety, Biodefence and Agricultural applications.
We are looking for scientists to join our R&D team at our Babraham Research Campus site, Cambridge.
In this role you will work within our R&D team on the development of molecular assays using the
RPA chemistry, and exploitation of the RPA chemistry in multiple technology formats.
You will be expected to plan and implement experimental and studies review and interpret test results and data.
The successful candidate will have a degree in a biological science discipline and optionally a PhD in a related subject. Ideally candidates will have three or more years of laboratory experience and be familiar with routine molecular biology techniques. Experience in a commercial environment and working within a quality system will also be advantageous.
Salary will be dependent upon experience
Apply to; firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter quoting reference; TWSS/R&D 022015