Production Laboratory Technician - Production Department
TwistDx Ltd is looking for a Production Laboratory Technician to manufacture reagents and freeze dried products to meet ISO 13485 requirements. The role is based at our Cambridge Science Park Site.
You will take responsibility for assigned laboratory tasks and ensure that all documentation is completed to the required standards. The ideal candidate will have experience working within an ISO13485 production environment, preferably in medical devices manufacturing.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manufacturing and dispensing of bulk reagents and the preparation of protein solutions for freeze drying in accordance with approved protocols within the production team as required
- Completion of all records accurately in accordance with the quality system requirements
- Completion of in-process QC testing
- Assembly of final product for shipping to customers
- General housekeeping duties associated with all areas of the facility
- Performance of routine equipment maintenance and calibration
- Assisting in equipment and process validation work
- Making suggestions and participating in our process improvement programme to ensure continuous improvement in quality and efficiency within Production.
Skills and Experience
- A Life Science graduate seeking a position as a Production Laboratory Technician
- A Production Laboratory Technician with work experience gained within a GMP/ISO13485 production environment (preferably in medical diagnostics manufacturing)
- Experience in freeze drying is desirable but not essential.
Should you wish to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk. No agencies please. Please quote reference TWPLTPD 180215 in your application.
IT and Business Systems Manager
TwistDx Ltd is the provider of Recombinase Polymerase Amplification (RPA) a new isothermal DNA amplification and detection technology. RPA offers a portable alternative to PCR which is ideally suited to point of use molecular assays for IVD, Veterinary, Food Safety, Biodefence and Agricultural applications.
We are looking for an IT and Business Systems Manager to be responsible for supporting and developing the IT Infrastructure and Business Systems.
The successful candidate will manage the delivery of day-to-day and strategic development of an ERP business system and will also be responsible for implementation of future IT and Business Systems.
As a key resource, you will advise on business benefits/opportunities from technology advancements.
You will manage day-to-day relationships with 3rd party suppliers and partners supporting both IT and Business Systems. You will manage all issues relating to IT Infrastructure and Business Systems ensuring that actions are prioritised and progressed, through corrective and preventative action, using sustainable and cost-effective solutions.
Other duties will include project management for future IT and Business Systems-related projects - helping to develop and implement Infrastructure improvements in line with business strategy playing a key role in ensuring a smooth transition to any new systems using expert data migration and analysis skills
You will be responsible for all IT based functions including Incident/Problem/Change/Availability and Capacity Management. You will also manage the external IS service providers to underpin Service levels.
Experience and Skills
· A thorough working knowledge of managing and developing integrated business/ERP systems
· Strong analytical and people management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and the ability to translate them into application and operational requirements
· Hold a recognised professional qualification, educated to degree level or have 5 or more years’ experience in a similar role
· Expert knowledge of Business Systems, particularly Sage 200 and related solutions
· Experience in a Windows based Server role, covering Hardware and Software
· Experience in Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
· SQL 2008/2012
The successful candidate will be
· A highly motivated individual with strong initiative and a drive to achieve
· An articulate and capable communicator with good team-working skills
· Have a practical, hands-on style
· Have knowledge and experience of best practice in this field.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk quoting reference ITBSM 160215
TwistDx is the provider of Recombinase Polymerase Amplification (RPA), a new isothermal DNA amplification and detection technology. RPA offers a portable alternative to PCR which is ideally suited to point of use molecular assays for IVD, Veterinary, Food Safety, Biodefence and Agricultural applications.
We are looking for scientists to join our R&D team at our Babraham Research Campus site, Cambridge.
In this role you will work within our R&D team on the development of molecular assays using the
RPA chemistry, and exploitation of the RPA chemistry in multiple technology formats.
You will be expected to plan and implement experimental and studies review and interpret test results and data.
The successful candidate will have a degree in a biological science discipline and optionally a PhD in a related subject. Ideally candidates will have three or more years of laboratory experience and be familiar with routine molecular biology techniques. Experience in a commercial environment and working within a quality system will also be advantageous.
Salary will be dependent upon experience
Apply to; firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter quoting reference; TWSS/R&D 022015
Closing date; 14 March 2015