R&D Laboratory Technician
We require an R&D Laboratory Technician to work within the validation and verification group based at Edinburgh House, St John’s Innovation Park, Cambridge. The role will primarily involve the testing of developed biochemical reactions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• testing of established biochemistry in accordance with approved protocols within the R&D team
• verification testing of biochemistry to meet multiple criteria
• system and workflow validation testing
• testing of human clinical samples within a category 2 laboratory environment
• completing detailed records of performed activities
• completion of some technical data analysis
• completion of all documentation in accordance with the quality management system
• completion of in-process QC testing
• general housekeeping duties associated with all areas of the facility
• performance of routine equipment maintenance and calibration
• assisting in equipment and process validation work
• scheduling weekly work within a small team in order to successfully achieve work plans set in advance by management
• making suggestions and participating in process improvement to ensure continuous improvement in quality and efficiency within R&D activities
The successful candidate will have general molecular biology laboratory experience either through academia or through industry experience and ideally will have worked in an environment involving high through-put testing. They will have a firm eye for detail and be able to remain focused during repetitive work.
Experience of V&V testing is advantageous.
Experience working within an ISO accredited environment is advantageous but not essential.
Should you wish to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk. No agencies please. Please quote reference TWRDLT100815 in your application.
Technical Account Handler
TwistDx Ltd is looking for a Technical Account Handler to manage the relationship between TwistDx and its customers. The successful candidate will act as the bridge between the technology and the customer requirements with regards to current and future sales and support. The role will be based at the company’s site on the Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge.
• Manage and report on the status of collaborations, technical support, and general customer queries using the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
• Field, in collaboration with research group, technical support enquiries
• Ensure all current accounts are handled effectively fostering good customer relationships
• Foster relationships with potential future customers where appropriate
• Report to the business on status of all current and future customer relationships
• Liaise with Marketing Department in promotion of RPA technology
• Manage TwistDx devices and accessories, manage associated software
• Help develop potential technical service offerings for the company
The successful candidate will have a strong background in biomedical sciences and a minimum of a degree in a relevant field. Experience in developing sales of diagnostic products and managing customer support in this area, is desirable.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk quoting reference TAH130715
Senior R&D Laboratory Technician
We are looking for someone with a molecular biology or genetics background to work in a small team within the R&D department of the company performing a mixture of routine testing and project work in the development of molecular assays using our RPA chemistry. The role is based at our Babraham research site.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for assigned laboratory tasks and associated documentation. The ideal candidate will have experience working on development activities in an R&D department under supervision or be a new graduate in a biological science discipline who demonstrates enthusiasm, energy and a willingness to learn.
Due to the varying nature of the work, the successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to easily adapt to different demands and to learn new techniques quickly and effectively.
Specific responsibilities include:
• working on assay development experiments within RPA biochemistry
• documentation of plans, processes and results in accordance with Company product development processes and quality
• management system requirements
• general laboratory housekeeping duties
You should be willing and able to present updates in technical meetings, to prepare written reports and provide status updates and recommendations when required.
This position will suit someone who is motivated, enthusiastic and hard-working and able to get along with a variety of people from different departments and disciplines.
Should you wish to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Janet@twistdx.co.uk. No agencies please. Please quote reference AS100815 in your application.